Saturday, August 20, 2011

Trial Transcripts

I've been trying for months to find the original court transcripts of Blanca's murder trial.  I've written letters.  I've sent emails.  I've floundered about the various New York State archives and courts and law libraries.  Finally, picked up the phone and got transferred a few times, and landed in the helpful hands of Marilyn at the Nassau County Court.  She expressed interest in the project - most everyone does, when I give my 3 minute spiel - and she kindly did a little research into their records.

A fire at the courthouse in 1981 destroyed most of the records. The original trial transcripts are gone forever.

Marilyn did manage to find me a couple of tidbits, such as the original indictment.  She's going to mail copies to me, absolutely free.  Thanks, Marilyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment